Stepping Stones of Hope is dedicated to providing comprehensive support-based programs, continuum of care and education to grieving children, teens, families, adults and communities.
Our vision is to be the premier provider of community-driven grief and wellness outreach programs.
In order to fulfill our vision and our mission, we must first embrace the primary objectives of Stepping Stones of Hope which are as follows:
- Respect all children and families who are grieving regardless of culture, values or socioeconomic status.
- Provide comprehensive support, understanding and education about grief and bereavement.
- Uphold confidentiality and integrity in all situations and circumstances.
- Commit to a high level of internal and external client service.
- Work with other agencies to provide the best level of care and continuum of care for grieving children and families.
- Serve the community, work with stakeholders to provide services, and educate the community about the needs of grieving children and families.
With a focused approach, Stepping Stones of Hope programs aim to:
- Teach about four dimensions of grief: physical, spiritual, mental and emotional.
- Help participants build self-esteem.
- Reduce feelings of guilt and anxiety about showing grief emotions.
- Teach skills to help diminish profound sense of isolation and loneliness.
- Introduce healthy coping skills and appropriate ways to cope with anger.
- Increase participant's understanding about causes of death.
- Eliminate fears that loved ones will be forgotten.
- Help participants understand that everyone's grief is unique.
- Increase friendships with peers who share a common experience.
- Introduce Worden's Four Tasks of Grief for adults, and Goldman's Four Psychological Tasks for children.